Notice to All Employees:
As of November 5, 2008, when President Obama is officially elected into office, our company will instill a few new policies which are in keeping with his new, inspiring issues of change and fairness:
1. All salespeople will be pooling their sales bonuses into a common pool that will be divided equally between all of you. This will serve to give those of you who are underachieving a "fair shake."
2. All low level workers will be pooling their wages, including overtime, into a common pool, dividing it equally amongst yourselves. This will help those who are "too busy for overtime" to reap the rewards from those who have more spare time and can work extra hours.
3. All top management will now be referred to as "the government." We will not participate in this "pooling" experience because the law doesn't apply to us.
4. The "government" will give eloquent speeches to all employees every week, encouraging its workers to continue to work hard "for the good of all."
5. The employees will be thrilled with these new policies because it's "good to spread the wealth." Those of you who have underachieved will finally get an opportunity; those of you who have worked hard and had success will feel more "patriotic."
6. The last few people who were hired should clean out their desks. Don't feel bad though, because President Obama will give you free health care, free handouts, free oil for heating your home, free food stamps, and he'll let you stay in your home for as long as you want even if you can't pay your mortgage. If you appeal directly to our democratic congress, you might even get a free flat screen TV and a coupon for free haircuts (shouldn't all Americans be
entitled to nice looking hair?)
If for any reason you are not happy with the new policies, you may want to re-think your vote on November 4th.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Notice to All Employees:
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
We spent the weekend with some friends of ours in Spokane this past weekend. What a great time and amazing weather. Thank you Robert and Tracy for being such great host. It was so fun to let the girls play together. I look forward to the years ahead watching them become friends.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
So I begin my Blog... I will give an honest attempt to keep up the writing portion of my Blog. What I need to do is get Heather to do it for me... but that would mean teaching and I must admit I am not so good at that skill.
It is with admiration that I contemplate my favorite writers... like CS Lewis. I admire their deep thought and ability to see things in a more enlightening perspective. How does one gain such perspective. I remember the deep theological questions we would ponder all night in my college days. Is it somehow the continuation of that life? I picture CS Lewis sitting in an English pub or some college library in discourse with those around him from all walks of life and of all types of theology- shaping his very perspective on eternity and how that fit into what Jesus taught when he was on earth. Then Blogging about it. Where do I find such a Pub? cuz I sure ain't going to the library!
I leave that to ponder as I get my favorite drink- MaCallan on the rocks and begin my journey.
Life is Good! :-)