Sunday, October 19, 2008

"blogging"

What a funny little word. Blogging! I realized that we (I) have gotten into the bad habit of simply posting pictures with little captions. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but there is nothing like writing. I am impressed with the blogs that my sister in law Holly writes. So well written and articulated. I am inspired by our other friends who mostly write and post fewer pictures.

So I begin my Blog... I will give an honest attempt to keep up the writing portion of my Blog. What I need to do is get Heather to do it for me... but that would mean teaching and I must admit I am not so good at that skill.

It is with admiration that I contemplate my favorite writers... like CS Lewis. I admire their deep thought and ability to see things in a more enlightening perspective. How does one gain such perspective. I remember the deep theological questions we would ponder all night in my college days. Is it somehow the continuation of that life? I picture CS Lewis sitting in an English pub or some college library in discourse with those around him from all walks of life and of all types of theology- shaping his very perspective on eternity and how that fit into what Jesus taught when he was on earth. Then Blogging about it. Where do I find such a Pub? cuz I sure ain't going to the library!

I leave that to ponder as I get my favorite drink- MaCallan on the rocks and begin my journey.

Life is Good! :-)

1 comment:

The Anthony Family said...

OK, seriously, one of these Pubs need to be created b/c we are seriously lacking one in this community. How are you with the idea of venturing out of your 'business model'?!? :-)